Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mr. Independent

I remember sitting holding my newborn baby and thinking how wonderful it was to be a mom. I didn't think about how he was going to grow up and how he wouldn't need mommy anymore. I didn't think about the times when he would cry and then stop as soon as I laid him down. Why would I think this would ever happen. This is just proof to everyone that Lancer is practically grown up. He doesn't need mommy to feed him anymore, he steals the spoon and feeds himself just fine. And if she tries to steal it back... I don't even want to think of that. He is on his own now. Pretty soon he will want the keys to the car and then he will be getting married. I didn't sign up for this whole growing up fast! I thought it would go by a little slower then every said. But everyone was right... it goes by fast. Too fast. I honestly want to cry when I see how small he used to be. But I made a goal to just enjoy every moment of his life. It only happens once. Why be sad when he gets bigger?? I will have plenty of time for more babies (don't worry, it will be in a long time, when I marry my prince charming...speaking of him.. I guess i will save that for another post) I love being a mom, but if any of you have ideas of how to make them slow down on growing, let me know!!! P.s. The brick on the head doesn't work. 

3 comments:

  1. hey jess, dang he is getting so big! he is dang cute too! i cant wait to see him and you...hope everything is going ok...i just barely heard that you got in a car accident and to be honest, im worried sick about you...i hope you aren't hurt badly...anyways i really miss you and have been thinking a lot about you lately. well i gotta head out, but i love this blog thing, its awesome. I also love the pictures... text me when you can

    -Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. what the heck? you start a blog and no one tells me? loser...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They grow up fast, but hey, you've got so many more years to enjoy them. And then you get to see their little ones, and the memories flood back! Your doing a good job - enjoy every moment.
    -Mom

    ReplyDelete